World Food Day 2018 Poster Contest, an online competition, is going to be held on 9th of November, 2018 which is being organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
Children and teens (worldwide) aged from 5 to 19 can participate in this contest and use their imagination and create a poster that illustrates their idea of Zero Hunger. Young minds can be inspired by the World Food Day Activity Book (2017) that explains what Zero Hunger is and how everyone needs to come together and take action to reach this global goal.
Make sure to submit your entry (take a photo or scan your photo) by filling out the form before the deadline: 9 November 2018. You can fill in your name for the World Food Day 2018 Poster Contest here.
Three winners in each age category will be selected by the jury and will be announced in December. Winners will be promoted by FAO offices around the world and receive a surprise gift bag and Certificate of Recognition. They will also feature in an exhibition at FAO headquarters in Rome.
How to take part in the contest?
- Participation is free of charge.
- The entry period began from 21 May 2018 and will close on 9 November 2018.
- The competition is divided into the following categories (ages): 5 to 8, 9 to 12, 13 to 15, and 16 to 19.
- Only one entry should be submitted per person. Multiple entries from one person will result in disqualification.
- Poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, or using oil, acrylic or watercolor paint, as well as mixed media. The digitally created artwork is also permitted. No photographs are allowed.
- Poster entries may or may not include text. If the text is used, no more than 25 words or 100 characters can be accepted. Languages permitted include English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Italian and Japanese.
- All artwork must be original and should not include photographic images of the Contestant or other personal information.
- Posters can only be submitted using the entry form provided above. All fields in the entry form must be completed. *Younger children may need help from an adult in making their online submission.*
- Only the shortlisted contestants will be notified by email by 5 December 2018.
For more detail about the contest, World Food Day 2018 Poster Contest, you can visit their official website. Make sure to be a part of it!