Women Leadership Summit—an event organized to encourage young women to grow and move upwards towards leadership and decision making roles in the workplace. Ujyalo Foundation is set to organize the third edition of Women Leadership Summit—Women Leadership Summit 2018.
The foundation has opened up the applications for enthusiastic young women professionals to help them foster themselves in leadership and decision making roles. 5th February 2018 is the deadline to fill in the application form. The residential program for Women Leadership Summit 2018 will take place in Chitwan.
The six months long leadership program—Women Leadership Summit 2018 comprises of the six-day residential program, three quarterly meets up, bring it back event and a graduation. Through the lens of gender, sexuality and technical skills to help young women professionals foster, the summit will take in 18-20 of these females from various districts throughout the country.
Since 2016, Women Leadership Summit has been organized every year. In 2017, WLS was organized under the theme “Young Mind, Endless Potential.” The Summit was conducted as a joint effort between Ujyalo Foundation, Hamro Chahana Nepal, and The Asia Foundation. Till date, WLS has successfully worked with 20 participating organizations, 4 partners and 31 young women professionals from diverse backgrounds. This year’s theme is “Leadership beyond the Binaries and Boundaries.”
Principles for the participation
- Must be actively employed throughout the program
- Must be employed in a position that requires overseeing a project or some team members
- Must commit to all aspects of the program: Residential program, Bring It Back Event, Quarterly meetups, and graduation
- Must be based in Nepal
- Women Leadership Summit only works with CIS and transgender woman identities.
Sessions to be focused on:
- Unpacking Leadership Through Gender and Sexuality
- Strengthening Organizational Leadership (teamwork, time management, conflict management, effective communication)
- Bodily Integrity, Gender Based Violence, and Work Place Harassment
- Laws and Policies that Influence Women’s Leadership in Nepal
- Opportunity Optimization and Local Resource Utilization
- Visioning, Introspection, and Negotiation
- Communication and Alliance building
- Self-Care for Women Leaders
Make sure to be a part of the Women Leadership Summit 2018 and fill in the application form here.
“Registration fee for an individual candidate is NRs. 22,000 per year. Registration for the organization is NRs. 35,000 per year. Participating organization will be represented as participating organization, where the organization’s information and logo will be represented in all the materials, sessions, and social media documents produced during Women Leadership Summit 2018.”