The revolutionary improvements that have been seen in smartphones in the recent years, more people are getting into mobile photography. It has eventually led to more people editing their photos in their phones itself. Everyone wants to make those little changes to make their pictures really pop and there is no dearth of apps for it. Just go to the Google Play Store and type “photo”. The amount of apps that will come from the search is overwhelming. And if you’re searching to actually install one on your phone so that you can use it, you will surely be perplexed from all the choices available. Precisely why we’re listing out the 5 best photo editor apps for Android. Although none of these have the power you get from your computer based photo editing software, these are still pretty great and worth a shot.
Adobe Photoshop Express
This is, arguably, one of the best photo editor apps for Android. The Photoshop Express from Adobe is not only more powerful than the average contenders but also sync to your desktop versions as long as you use the Adobe Creative Cloud. In addition to the basics, it has some pretty power packed and impressive features.
- Auto-Fix contrast, exposure, and white balance.
- Blemish removal
- Color controls
- One touch filters or Looks
- Custom Looks
- Image Rendering Engine to improve performance, and enables handling of large files
- Raw photo support
- Share to social sites
- Access Premium Features when you sign in with an Adobe ID:
o One-touch Filters or Looks: Get an additional 20 filters for fun, fresh looks!
o Noise Reduction: Minimize unwanted grain and speckling in night photos and other low light photos.
o Defog: Reduce fog and haze in photos.
PhotoDirector is a relatively new and pretty good. It focuses more on manual enhancements rather than filters. This quick photo editing app combines a feature-rich photo editor with a richly creative collage maker that lets you adjust RGB with a visual histogram. PhotoDirector gives you an array of tools to turn your everyday pictures into spectacular artwork.
- Adjust HSL sliders and RGB color channels
- Adjust Tone with Brightness, Darkness, Exposure and Contrast sliders
- Quick White Balance correction for improved color accuracy
- Tweak Saturation
- Collage maker
- Remove objects from photographs
- Add HDR, photo effects & layer editing
- Quick and easy photo sharing
Fotor is a one of the best photo editor apps for Android and there are many blogs and lists that list Fotor as a must have option. It has been called ‘Photoshop lite’ by the BBC, Fotor mobile has evolved from being one of the most user-friendly ‘on-the-go’ utility apps, to a world first photographic community platform. It gives you lots of actual editing tools than others and includes the function to enhance photos with a one-tap tool. This app is definitely worth trying.
- Six photo-taking modes, with features like Grid, Big Button, Burst, Timer, Stabilizer, and Square.
- Focus – simulates depth of field and ‘bokeh’, similar to DSLR lenses.
- Enhance – complete with ‘slide on screen’ capability, allows for rapid adjustments in in details and gradation.
- Scene effects – customize photographs to different lighting situations, modify of saturation, brightness and contrast.
- Effects and filters
- Stickers, frames, filters and fonts
- Photo Collage
For those who love to take selfies, AirBrush will be the perfect choice. It specifically has tools that any selfie-lover will want to use for enhancing their facial features. The app is very easy to use and has a lot of one-click tools which make using it a breeze.
- Blemish and Pimple Remover
- Whiten Teeth and Brighten Eyes
- Perfect Skin in Every Photo
- Slim, Reshape and Lengthen Your Selfie or Photo
- Artistic Retouching Features – blur, crop, stretch, slim and tune
- Add Depth and Style to Your Photos
- Real-Time Editing Technology
- Natural, Radiant Filters
- Share on social media
Snapseed is a unique photo editor by Google. It is one of the best photo editor apps for Android. It has support for RAW photos and you can also tune the image using a variety of sliders and one-touch enhance tools. This is a very light and simple photo editor app that has unbelievable power given it’s size. It is a complete and professional photo editor app.
- 25 Tools and Filters, including: Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective
- Opens JPG and RAW DNG files
- Use the “stack” to re-adjust edits later
- Selective filter brush
- Face enhancing tools
- All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
These 5 apps fulfill your photo editing needs completely and are super easy to use. If you’re looking for a new free photo editing app, you should definitely try these.
Are there any apps you love that we missed? Tell us about it in the comments section.